Zoe Claire

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

a not so slumber party

So if your not from buffalo- a huge wind storm hit us this sunday morning. We lost power like we usually do- but this time it was not only our block but the actual lines to just our house were pulled off the roof. The cable lines were pulled off too- so we had no power,heat,phones,tv or Internet. So after we got up sunday morning and saw that our power lines were hanging in the street-we called the power company and just hung out a bit. Then joe decided to take a look out side-it was pretty bad. we had trees down everywhere and we realized that the power was not coming on anytime soon. So joe went out to buy a chainsaw and then we went to my mom's house for dinner. When we got home that night- we still had no power or heat-so we went to my sister's house to sleep. Ella was a trooper- she sat on the couch and watched tv with her hands folded in her lap.






Then we had to find a place for Ella to sleep- my mom suggested a drawer. So we raided Josh's room and made her a bed- well, josh's drawers weren't long enough- but aunt kelly's drawers were just right! Ella slept from 10pm to almost 7:30am in that drawer- I should have taken it home...
Well unlike ella- we didnt get much sleep- Allison, our niece was missing her mom- so she was up at 2:30 in the morning. What was funny about it was that I was sleeping in a room with the monitor to Allison's room connected to it. Of course I didn't know it was there- so in the middle of the night- it wasnt too weird to hear a kid crying- but when I first heard her yell "mommy" I totally got freaked out and thought Kelly's house was haunted for a few mins.
Long story short- my mom and I got no sleep last night-and was sucks even more is that the rest of the day my mom worked a double and my day was...in a word, miserable.
But the good news is that our power and heat was turned on at 1pm and the phones and internet was about 30 mins ago-
The house was still really cold when we got here- so I had to dress ella in a ton of clothes and two hats, bunny slippers and socks for her hands- she looked like a true polish kid in all those clothes...
Anyway- wish joe luck with his chainsaw- he has his work cut out for him.













No comments: