Zoe Claire

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

First call to poison control :(

So this morning ella found and tried to eat some Gentian Violet- its a dye used in gram staining for microbiology and it can also be used as an treatment for thrush- either way it is very very purple.
Of course I called poison control right away- they said that all she would have was a tummy ache- but if you ask ella she thinks it great that she is purple. She giggled when she saw her hands, feet- and the floor.

So she will be purple for about the next week- How am I going to explain this a the day care?


Its a bad day when its only 9 am and I have already had the poison control lady laugh at me.



2 comments:

lea7071 said...

blue jello gigglers- great reason! and two birds with one stone, It makes me sound like a crafty type mom and I dont look like my child tried to eat dye :)

The Arnold Family said...

Ella, you are so funny! Just tell people its a swine flu repellent, since that shot isn't really too safe you just tried an alternative method. Wherever she's purple, the germs can't stick. xox H