Zoe Claire

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

one week old

Yay! we made it past the first week!
So, Ella is seven days old today. We had our first doctor's appointment on thursday. It went pretty well- she still weighs 7 lbs and 8 oz, which is what she was when we left the hospital. The good news was that she only lost 3 oz of her birth weight, but I guess she was supposed to gain about one oz a day since we got home. So we have to go back monday to get that checked again. She also kept the appointment interesting by having 4 poopy diapers at during the appointment and then right after the doctor left the room- she spit up her whole lunch on their table. It was really gross...

Aunt Nancy came to visit us at the house-she brought a ton of dinners for us and hung out for a bit on friday.



And then, also for her seventh day birthday, Ella lost her umbilical cord. To be honest, I think it was a causality of her sponge bath last night- I think the edge of it got caught on something. So, I hope thats ok-I'm going to show it to the doctor on monday cause it is kinda gooky looking still- and I don't have a clue what its supposed to have looked like.
So thats all the fun that has happened these last few days- Its been so nice having Joe home and my mom over. The lenghts I have to go to, to get joe to do chores-

2 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

Clean the cord area with alcohol on a q tip, if it's still gooky, they will put this silver stuff on it to dry it out! Syd had that and she has the cutest bebo ever, so she'll be fine. xo

Benjamin said...

bebo? I thought that boys had bebo's and girls had... weehoo's.

Well, good thing that nothing has happened since the 4th or this blog would be out of date!