Zoe Claire

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Graduation Week









Well Its finally spring time! This is what our backyard looks like this week- Joe obsessed with the panoramic function on our computer now. Last weekend we when to Sydney's 4th b-day and got our first balloon hat. Ella was not happy about the squeaky sound that balloons make when they are squeezed together-She screamed every time we entered the room with the balloon animals- it was funny- but I did get her to wear her's and take a picture just before she started to cry. We also got a alphabet mat for Ella to play on. Joe put it together. See if you can see the secret message he spelled out in my own daughter's play mat. punk.






The really big news this week is that.... I'm DONE with clinic and almost done with school all together! yay! I got my hours done and everything- so I get to graduate on Saturday! I'm super excited- I have been in school since 1999 and now its 2009 (thats ten years! for those of you that go to internet college :). My thesis is still not done- I need to do the research and publish it by mid June ish, but thats on my own time.

So- I'm pretty unemployed at the moment... I really wanted to work with my mom at one of the local hospitals- but thats not workin out so hot. I just need some kinda job because Its gonna be forever before I get a license and some people say its five years before you turn a profit in your practice. So let me know if you guys know of any jobs out there-student loan payments are comin up fast :(

Next weekend is Boards in Seneca Falls..ugh. Its mostly a practical exam- with live fake patients. Kinda like that Seinfeld episode. But these patients fake heart attacks, fall down on you, and yell and scream in pain when you touch them...all while you are being graded. So we will see how that goes- D'Youville does not have a stellar record of having people pass this one- some people just fail over and over again. I did do a very intense review class- so I'm pretty sure I will do well- but when you got some dude painted yellow, yelling at you that his liver hurts...I may pee my pantz.










2 comments:

Benjamin said...

What's with the hat? You look like an artist from the 1700's.

lea7071 said...

really? I was goin for harry potter- I guess I should make my lighting bolt scar more pronounced