Zoe Claire

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The new Car

Another crazy week with many big changes in our lives has past- On Monday- my car was slowed to a crawl- I knew the transmission was about to go- and I was planning on getting it fixed for around 3k because that was my cheapest option at the time- Well - so Monday it was acting really bad and then the check engine when on. I guess that when your transmission goes you check engine light does not usually go on- so it seemed like we may have had some bigger problems. The car had almost 109,000 miles on it- I wanted it to be my first car that I drove in to the 200's- but I didn't have the gutz to risk fixing it only to have the engine break. I loved that car- so sad.
So over a process of 3 days- we got a Nissan Rogue-Ella was a trooper going from dealer to dealer and sitting in their show rooms. The guy at the place we got the car even gave her a balloon :)
Its a pretty sweet car- but the big bad part is that I still don't have a job or even a degree for that matter. It got pretty complicated as to why I got the car we got- but after looking at 4 other dealerships- it looked like that was the best bang for our buck. It is defiantly the nicest car I have ever owned.








So Here it is a used 2009 Rogue. Like I said- its shiny and pretty-I just feel sick about having a car payment and no job- its bitter sweet. It had 9 miles on it when I first got it- the owners before never drove it!

































What else was crazy this week was that the chair of my Thesis committee was fired- He is the guy that helps me write the whole thing and get it published so we can get the heck outta D'Youville and get a job-and now he is gone and we were under a July 8th deadline.
I have a plan to get the school to give us a break over this whole thing. We have put up with so much being one of the first groups to be in this program. I have a meeting with them on Monday- at this point I really just want to collect my diploma and leave.
And speaking of Jobs- I'm meeting with the small business development center Monday afternoon! I'm really excited to pitch my ideas to someone who can do something with them and can get me some money. Pray that they love the Oh Snap Chiropractic idea!!



2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Oh Snap Chiropractics?

I would have gone with

"Hey fat-ass, put down the ham and get your back aligned!"

~ A family company.

What do you think? I mean... play to your audience. Or... start the first Krispy Kreme/Chiropractic venture. You know... like the Bath and Body Works/Express thing. Well, except this will be for people who avoid fruit, instead of smelling like it.

The Arnold Family said...

The car is nice, but Ella is nicer.